Sunday, February 5, 2012

First "long" run of 2012 done!

Yesterday's workout didn't happen. I was proud of myself for waking up in time to eat a healthy breakfast and get myself to the gym in time for Saturday morning spin class...I got there with time to spare, and then... when I went to grab my workout bag from the car, SURPRISE!
I forgot my running shoes at home!
I screamed, I cursed, I pounded the steering wheel, and I literally cried as I drove home. I took care of my frustration by debating whether I should go for a run or not, and sink into the sofa under a soft, fuzzy blanket and watch Grey's Anatomy on the PVR instead. Lame, I know, but calming down and forgiving myself was the priority.

Today was much more successful. I headed to the Running Room this morning to resurrect the Sunday morning long run!


I got to run 9km with my friends Tanis & Jocelyn (& others in my pace group), and then go for post run treats at the Wild Earth bakery with my long-time running pal Tess.


Unfortunately, I couldn't run with Tess because during my 6 week hiatus from running, she diligently kept training & sped up, & I naturally slowed waaaay down. I'm not really surprised, I always end up letting skiing/snowboarding become the priority in December and January, but I'm still disappointed to feel so much slower.

Now to set my goals for the upcoming week: 1 basketball game, 2 more runs, 1 swim and 1 spin class.

It's all about reasonable goals! Better to start slow than to not start at all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment