Friday, January 27, 2012

Triathlon training has finally begun!

So I have made progress...I went to my first spin class of 2012! This means that my triathlon training has truly begun!

I went to World Health Club with my friend Shauna yesterday, and the hour long spin class was a clear reminder that 4 weeks off running will really reduce a person's cardio levels! The class was good, although I wanted to shoot the overly cheerful instructor every time she "Woohoo"-ed, rather incessantly. By the time I left WHC, I had signed up for a month-to-month membership. Now I'm financially motivated to get my butt to at least one, if not two spin classes each week, with the added bonus of having Shauna to work out with (again!), and I'll also have a warm and not icy place to run as well.

My friend Jinhee commented on Facebook today how triathlon training is hard, and was lamenting that she is "only" running 2x a week, swimming 2x a week and getting to one spin class. My goal is to be just like Jinhee, and hopefully do 2x spin as well, plus get in some occasional Friday night hot yoga classes, like I was doing during my half-marathon training this fall. Hot yoga is both an excellent way to stretch and a fabulous wind-down from the week that lets me start the weekend all relaxed and content.

I came across this quote yesterday on Pinterest, and I think if I reworded it with "finish each month," then I would say it's a great mantra for me for the time being!

Finish each day & be done with it. You have done what you could. Learn from it; tomorrow is a new day. -Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment